Must Know Facts About Margashirsha Purnima 2023
In the auspicious month of Margashirsha, the full moon day is celebrated as a Margashirsha Purnima. Lord Moon is worshipped on this day as it is believed that Moon is blessed with Amrit on this day.
Margashirsha is the ninth month in the Hindu calendar, and according to Hindu scriptures, it is the month known for dedication. This month was called ‘Maasonam Margashirshoham’ in the Puranas, meaning that no month is more auspicious than Margashirsha. Devotees take a ritualistic bath in sacred rivers and worship Lord Vishnu with utmost devotion on this day. Dattatreya Jayanti is also observed on Margashirsha Purnima. Lord Dattatreya is known to be a Trimurti avatar (Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh).
Margashirsha Purnima 2023: Date and Tithi
- Margashirsha Purnima: 26 December 2023
- Tithi starts: On Dec 26, 2023, at 05:46
- Tithi ends: On Dec 27, 2023, at 06.02
The worship of Chandra Dev is of great importance on the day of Margashirsha Purnima. Book personalised Chandra Graha Shanti Puja for achieving balance in life.
Significance of Margashirsha Purnima
On a full moon day, the moon has complete control over every element on the planet. Hence, it is also known as the “Day of Divinity”. Aside from that, it is supposed to be the last day of the Hindu calendar’s holiest month. Donating on this day is said to be particularly helpful in the scriptures. On this day, meditation and bathing in river Ganga are also believed to be beneficial.
On this auspicious festival of Margashirsha Purnima, one should worship Sri Hari Vishnu and Lord Shiva to obtain blessings. The moon is said to have been irrigated with nectar on this day. As a result, worshipping the Moon should be done on the occasion of Margashirsha Purnima.
Moon is needed for calming the mind, however, you can count on astrology. Get a free a yearly astrology report to what’s gonna come ahead.
Margashirsha Purnima Rituals
- On Margashirsha Purnima, one should wake up at Brahma Muhurta and perform a vow before bathing.
- Add basil leaves to the bathwater. Worship the water by applying it to your head, and then take a bath. It would be great if you could take a bath in a sacred river.
- After bathing, make an offering to the Sun. Hereafter, sing the mantras and wear clean clothes. After chanting the mantra, donating food and clothes to the needy will be incredibly beneficial.
- Don’t forget to present Arghya to the moon at night as well.
- You can also fast on the day of Margashirsha Purnima to please the moon deity and gain peace of mind.
Significance of Satyanarayan's Story
On the day of Margashirsha Purnima, the story of Satyanarayan is also held in many places. This day is dedicated to the worship of Chandra Dev and Lord Shiva. There is also a section about Lord Satyanarayan’s narrative. Satyanarayan’s story brings happiness, success, and mental tranquilly in every aspect. If a person fasts on this day with complete faith, devotion, and faith, he will be saved in this lifetime.
What secrets are hidden in the Kundali? Get a free janampatri analysis to unveil the future.
Influence Of Moon On Margashirsha Purnima
According to astrology, the Moon has a strong influence on this day because the Sun and Moon are directly opposite each other. The Moon is said to be a mental element. If a person uses any remedy for the moon planet’s serenity, he/she will find tranquilly in his life.
May this Margashirsha Purnima brings peace and remove negative thoughts from your life. However, if things doesn’t working for you, don’t hesitate to consult astrologers for clarity.