Shiva Puja Vidhi – A Short-Cut to a Fulfilling Life!
Lord Shiva, the Bhole Bhandari, will shower all his love and blessings on you if you follow the Shiva Puja Vidhi regularly with absolute faith in him. With the simple shiv puja vidhi at home, you can be blessed with peace, health, prosperity and tranquillity. Attain bliss with simple shiva puja vidhi. Shiv Pujan Vidhi helps in removing negativity and obstacles in life. Mahadev will bestow you with health and well-being with Shiv Puja Vidhi.
Keep Evil Energy Away with Shiva Puja Vidhi
Content: Hindus are known to be extremely religious and God-fearing people. It is common to see people worshipping almighty in almost every Hindu family. They are a staunch believer in the GOD – the generator, the orator and the destroyer. Better known as Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh, respectively. Lord Shiva enjoys the most profound significance in Hindu families. Call him Mahesh or Mahadeva or Lord Shiva; he is the destroyer of all the negative energies present around his children. With the Shrawan maas or monsoon onset, people across India will start observing Shiva Vrat every Monday and follow shiv puja vidhi. To seek Mahadeva’s blessings, people keep fast and follow the shiv vrat vidhi. People also keep chanting the shiv puja vidhi mantra all through the month.
Mahadev puja vidhi is easy enough to be performed at home by his devotees. By performing the shiv puja vidhi at home, the devotees can easily please lord shiva and help induce positivity with good health and prosperity in their lives.
All You Need to know about Shiva Pooja Vidhi and Samagri!
Though Lord Shiva is known as Bhole Bhandari, and it’s very easy to please him, yet the almighty expects his devotees to know the correct shiva puja vidhi and the significance of shivling Abhishek vidhi and shiv rudrabhishek vidhi.
To perform the shiv pooja vidhi at home, the devotee must collect the shiv puja samagri enlisted below:
- Ganga Jal and plain water
- Desi ghee, milk, curd, sugar and honey
- 108 bilva leaves or bel patri
- White flowers and dhatura
- Janeu or moli or the sacred thread
- Sandalwood powder
- 5 Incense sticks and itar or perfume
- White sweet and paan leaves
- Dakshina to offer
- Whole coconut
Once the devotee collects all the shiv puja samagri, he should get ready for Mahadeva pooja vidhi, which includes the below given steps:
- Every morning after taking a bath, the devotees should sprinkle a few drops of Ganga jal over themselves.
- The devotee should clean the shiv linga with water with complete faith in an almighty and pure heart. Remember that shiv linga should be placed on a copper plate.
- Prepare panchamrut by mixing milk, curd, ghee, sugar and honey and few drops of Ganga jal, the five ingredients given in shiv puja samagri.
- Pour the panchamrut over the shivlinga while chanting “Om Namah Shivay” continuously.
- Again, clean the shivlinga with plain water and wipe it with a clean cloth.
- Apply some sandalwood on the shivlinga.
- Drape the shivlinga with the sacred thread and then offer some white flowers.
- Offer dhatura and 108 bilva leaves. Keep chanting “Om Namah Shivay”
- Light the lamp and five incense sticks.
- Offer prasad or white sweets and paan to lord Shiva.
- Join your hands and complete the shiv puja vidhi by singing the shiv aarti.
- Conclude the shiv puja vidhi with the shiv puja mantra, which is known as the Mahamritunjay Mantra.
Invoke the Deity with Shiv Rudrabhishek Vidhi
As the Hindus gear up for the Shravan maas, we are here to highlight the significance of shivling Abhishek vidhi or shiv rudrasbhishek vidhi. When a devotee performs Abhishek or Rudra Abhishek, he is blessed with fulfilment of all desires by God’s grace. Such a devotee finds himself away from all negative or evil forces. He is blessed with a healthy mind and body. It will put a full stop to all the sufferings and miseries in his life.
Married couples enjoy marital bliss and progeny.
While abhishek vidhi can be performed with any god, rudrabhishek vidhi is specifically for lord Shiva. On an auspicious day, the shiv rudrabhishek vidhi involves pouring and offering water and milk to the shivlinga. The shivlinga abhishek vidhi involves the following steps.
- Take a chowki and cover it with a clean white cloth.
Put a copper plate on it and carefully place the Shivlinga on it facing North.
- At the right side of shivlinga, light a lamp
- The devotee should be sitting facing the East.
- After achaman, seek blessings of Lord Ganpati and kul dev.
Purify self with gangajal.
- Offer bilva leaves to the shivlinga and keep chanting Om Namah Shivay.
- Carefully take the shivlinga on a big tray or vessel. Remember to place a bilva leaf below the shivlinga.
- Offer some Akshat and water and pour the panschamrut over the shivlinga.
- Again, offer Akshat and few drops of water and pour sandalwood powder over the shivlinga.
- Once again, offer Akshat and water and then pour some raw milk over shivlinga.
- Now pour ganga jal and offer flowers.
- Put a bilva leaf on the copper plate and carefully put back the shivlinga.
- Clean it with a cloth and apply sandalwood over shivlinga.
- Drape it with janeu or sacred thread.
- Now, with clean hands, ring the bell around the shivlinga, chanting Om Namah Shivay, and offer prasad, coconut, cardamon, clove, paan, and fruit. Offer some dakshina too.
- Perform the shiv aarti and conclude with the Mahamritunjay mantra.
- Take around around the shivlinga.
The shiv rudrabhishek vidhi or the shiv abhishek vidhi must be performed on Monday, Shravan Somwar, Maha Shivratri or during Pradosh Kaal puja. Ask our expert astrologers for Rudrabhishek vidhi and get a heavy discount.
Shiv Panchayatana Puja Vidhi – Seek Blessings of the Panch Dev!
The Panchayatana Puja is performed to invoke the five deities to seek their blessings. These deities are Lord Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesha, Surya and Goddess Devi. In the Shiv Panchayatana Puja vidhi, lord shiva’s idol is kept in the centre while the other four are around him. The idol of Lord Ganpati is kept in the southwest while lord Surya faces the southeast. Devi is placed in the northwest, and lord Vishnu is in the northeast. The panchayatna puja liberates a person and helps in attaining self-awareness and moksha.
Perform the Shiv Puja Religiously
When lord Shiva is your protector, who can dare to trouble you? By performing the shiv puja vidhi, you can get a protective shield against all the evil. The Mahadev puja vidhi helps you instil happiness in your life and imbibe good values. Mahadev becomes your guardian when you seek his blessings regularly through shiva puja vidhi. Shiv Rudrabhishek Vidhi will invoke the goodness in you and help you taste the sweetest fruit in life. Love, luck and charm will be your synonyms if you keep chanting the shiv puja mantra. Just a glass of water or milk can help invoke Devo ke Dev – Mahadev.
So, what are you waiting for? Regular practice of Shiva puja vidhi at home with all shiv puja samagri can help you sail through the ocean of life without any turbulence!
Let Shiva hold your hand through the journey of life!