Shiv Mantra: Meaning, benefits, & Much More
One of the most significant figures in the Hindu faith is Lord Shiva. His name means “the auspicious,” literally, and “the destroyer” is his most common epithet. In Hindu scripture, he takes many forms and is said to have 1008 names. “Mahadeva,” which means “great god,” is one of his most common names. Most frequently, he is regarded as one of the three holy gods of the Trimurti. Because of his paradoxical nature, he is one of the most complex and mysterious gods in Hindu tradition.
Lord Shiva is known as the god of destruction in the Hindu religion. He is called a symbol of grace as well. People around the world pray to Lord Shiva in different ways, and he is very easily pleased. Shiva Puja includes Shiva Mantras recitation. These mantras are chanted to win over fear and fight. These mantras protect us against diseases, fears, and so on.
Meaning of Shiva Mantra
Shivay: The meaning is Shiva or inner self. The Mantra “Om Namah Shivay”, the meaning of this mantra is ‘I bow down to Shiva.’ It means bowing to yourself in one way since Shiva resides as a self-awareness. It is called the five-syllable mantra, na ma si va ya.
1. Na – stands for earth
2. ma – stands for water
3. si – stand for fire
4. va – stand for air
5. ya – stand for ether (the clear sky)
Compared to other Mantras, the Shiva Mantra is very powerful. Shiva Mantra is also known as the Raksha Kawach Mantra. Chanting the Shiva Mantra calls Lord Shiva to destroy obstacles and remove enemies. On Chaturdashi chanting, Shiva Mantra is very good. The Shiva Mantra and Shiva Stotras have enormous healing power. The Maha Mrityunjaya mantra should usually be recited in order to guard against death, fear, and misdeeds. There are many Shiva mantras to chant, according to Hindu mythology. Lord Shiva’s names are many, including Mahadev, Bholenath, Neelkanth, Rudra, Shankara, Someshwara, Malleswara, etc.
Shiva Mantra List
Proper pronunciation and regular recitation of mantras ensure success and siddhis for people. These mantras strengthen people from within to fight every battle they face. They help purify the body from any negative effects and make it even stronger. Many of these Mantras are exclusively dedicated and recited to Lord Shiva. You will feel especially energized and see many other advantages.
Following are the Lord Shiva’s Mantras, which can be very powerful and can end all your difficulties in life.
1. Panchakshari Shiva Mantra
“Om Namah Shivaya’
The most popular and essential Shiva mantra, which simply transforms “I bow to Lord Shiva,” is a mantra dedicated to Lord Shiva, which will help you to cleanse your body. If you recite 108 times every day, you will be showered of blessing and grace from Lord Shiva.
2. Rudra Mantra
“Om Namo Bhagwate Rudraay.”
With Lord Shiva’s blessing, the mantra will fulfil all your desires.
3. Shiva Gayatri Mantra
“Om Tatpurushaya Vidmahe Mahadevaya Dhimahi Tanno Rudrah prachodayat”
In Hinduism, the Gayatri Mantra is very powerful. Shiva Gayatri Mantra is incredibly strong, giving you tranquillity and pleases Lord Shiva.
4. Shiv Dhyaan Mantra
“ Karcharankritam Vaa Kaayjam Karmjam Vaa Shravannayanjam Vaa Maansam Vaa Paradham I Vihitam VihitamVaa Sarv metat Kshamasva jay Jay Karunaabdhe shree Mahadev Shambho II”
This is a powerful mantra asking Lord Shiva for forgiveness for all the sins you have committed during your lifetime.
5. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
“ Om Trayambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pushti Varshanam Urvarukamiva Bandhanath Mitrtyomukshiya Mamartat”
Lord Shiva is known as the Lord of death and destruction and can therefore save us from death. He is the Lord of death. Family members of those who hang between life and death often recite this particular mantra to get well soon. It helps us escape the fear of death by this extremely powerful mantra.
One more joy you can experience, is knowing what’s going to come ahead? Get a free astrology report 2023.
Benefits of Shiva Mantras
1. Shiv Mantra is used primarily to remove fear.
2. By reciting the Shiva mantra, Lord Shiva helps us to get solutions to problems.
3. You will lead a prosperous and healthy life, and Lord Shiva fulfils your wishes.
4. Reciting Shiv Mantra aims to eliminate sorrow.
5. Shiv Mantra has the power to cleanse the body, mind, and soul from all of your life’s stress, frustration, failure, and rejection.
6. Reciting these Shiva mantras gives you siddhi and success.
7. It enhances the inner potential and strength of a person by chanting.
Shiva Mantras - Timing
1. Those who wish to chant Shiva Mantra make sure that they wake up early in the morning and take a bath. Visit the nearest temple of Lord Shiva.
2. Devotees have to offer Abhishekam to the Shivaling. For that, they have to carry the mixture of water, milk, and honey in a copper pot with them to the temple.
3. Before chanting mantras, light the Diya.
4. Sit before the Shivaling with devotion and total surrender and recite the Shiva mantra.
5. Offer Bel leaves, flowers, Dhatura, and Fresh fruits to Lord Shiva.
6. Worshiping Lord Shiva on Maha Shivratri is of special significance as Lord Shiva may shower knowledge and blessings to them.
7. Lord Shiva’s Mahamrityunjaya mantra is expected to be recited ideally before starting your day. By chanting this mantra, you can truly channel your negative thoughts with absolute conviction and generosity.
Shiv Tandav Stotram
Shiv Tandav Stotram (in Hindu Hymn) is the most well-known stotram composed by Ravana. The stotram is in the Sanskrit word dedicated to our Lord Shiva, describing his power and beauty.
There is no rule. Any caste or sex can always sing the Shiv Tandav Stotram. Bhakti is the only qualifier (devotion). The benefits are miraculous in reciting Shiv Tandav Stotram. It gives you joy, prosperity, power, mental strength, and much more. You’ll receive the blessings of Shiva on you. You can surely feel the presence of Shambhoo (Lord Shiva) in you if you hear this song with complete devotion.
Lord Shiva’s Monday Prayer
A sound is an energy form, and the Mantras generate power to calm the body and the mind when they are prayed, and the well-being of the mind is more important in times of health crisis.
Monday is regarded as the most favourable day to worship Lord Shiva. It is said that the person who adores Lord Shiva on Monday fulfils his dreams. Not only does the correct adoration of Lord Shiva bring good fortune, but it also can get the desired partner and job.
By watering our milking over lingam or Shivling, particularly on Monday, you can offer your respect for Shiva. You should chant the Shiva Gayatri mantra while performing Shiva Abhishek to bring peace and please Shiva.
Visit the temple of Lord Shiva every Monday and pray to him religiously. Before this, don’t forget to take a bath. The most important thing is to recite ‘Maha Mrityunjay Mantra.’ This mantra is a spell that helps overcome all fatal diseases and also prevents premature death.
So, this is how Shiv Mantra works.
Are too many issues overwhelming you? Talk to astrologers for guidance. First consultation is FREE!