Griha Pravesh Muhurat: Things To Be Remembered While Entering The House
If you are planning to enter the new house in 2021, you should note Griha Pravesh Muhurat. Making an entry into your new home is a very nervy moment for each of us as we are bounded by expectations. It is believed that organizing Griha Pravesh pujas may bring good luck and positivity into your house. So, people do keep a note of auspicious timings and dates while making the first entry in their house. Let us move on to shed more light on this topic.
Importance Of Organizing Grah Shanti pooja
In India, buying a new house is considered to be a huge achievement. So, many people perform the rituals to make an entry on a positive note. People organize Griha Shanti Pooja before they fill up the house with occupants. It is believed that it may remove all negativity and pessimistic elements from the house. Therefore, people perform Griha Shanti Pooja. This puja may also nullify the negative impacts of any bad planets.
Also, you may get rid of all the negative energy from the space. The Gruha Shanti pooja is believed to fill up the home with positive vibrations so that the new owners are able to live a peaceful life. Sometimes it is also referred to as a housewarming party. This event is important from the perspective of Astrology because it gives you trouble-free life in the new abode.
More expert astrologersSee All
Griha Pravesh Tithis
Below are the auspicious dates to be considered for the Griha Pravesh in 2021
Griha Pravesh Shubh Mahurat Dates 2021
January: 5, 6, 8, 14, 17, 26 and 30
February: 12, 14, 16, 20, 23 and 28
March: 8, 9, 14, 20, 21, 24 and 26
April: 1, 11 and 20
May: 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 21 and 30
June: 2, 3, 10, 12, 15, 16, 21, 22, 25 and 27
July: 3, 4, 13, 25, 20, 22, 25, 26 and 31
August: 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 16, 20, 27 and 28
September: 2, 4, 8, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 22, 25, 26 and 29
October: 1, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 18, 21, 23, 25 and 26
November: 2, 8, 10, 11, 12, 20, 22, 23, 24 and 26
December: 4, 5, 10, 13, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25 and 31
Things To Be Remembered
The Griha Pravesh becomes more auspicious and holy when performed in a stable ascendant. below are 15 auspicious Muhurat (choghadiya) to be considered while entering a new house.
Rudra, Shwet, Mitra, Saarbhat, Savitra, Vairaj, Vishvavasu, Abhijit, Rohin, Bal, Vijay, Renet, Varuna Saumya, and Bhag.
Besides, 14th on Sunday, 12th on Monday, 10th on Tuesday, 8th on Wednesday, 6th on Guru, 4th on Friday, and 2nd Muhurta on Saturday; these timings are considered auspicious for a Griha Pravesh Function.
It is believed that you should make an entry on the Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, Dwadashi, and Trayodashi Tithis of Shukla Paksha. On the other hand, one should avoid the celebration of Griha Pravesh, if there is Amavasya, Purnima, Panchak, Krishna Paksha, or any Eclipse.
Types Of Griha Pravesh
Below are the different types of Griha Pravesh celebrated at the time of entering a new home.
- Apurva Griha Pravesh: If you are entering a recently purchased house, then it is called Apurva Griha Pravesh. So, you can perform Griha Pravesh ritual accordingly.
- Sapurva Griha Pravesh: If you have been away from your new home and not living inside, then it is called Sapurva Griha Pravesh. You should conduct the Griha Pravesh ritual accordingly.
- Dwandwa Griha Pravesh: If you are planning to move back in your new home only after the completion of the refurbishing process, it is known as Dwandwa Griha Pravesh. Here, you should follow the Griha Pravesh protocols accordingly.
Organize a Griha Pravesh Puja by consulting best astrologers. Get in touch with them @ Re.1 / min.
Steps To Perform Griha Pravesh Rituals
- At first, consult a priest or Jyotish and seek his/her intervention to begin Griha Pravesh
- Adorn your entrance with colourful rangolis and alpana or place a symbol of svastika on a coconut at the main gate
- Women should make an entry into their homes first by stepping inside with their left foot.
- Place the Idols of the deities in the right direction during
the Griha Pravesh Puja.
- Griha Puja should be conducted in the kitchen of the house or the entrance of the kitchen.
- Adore the entrance of your home and the main door with flowers and
- It is advisable to conduct a Vastu Pooja before the Griha Pravesh.
- Male members of the family should make an entry into the house by
stepping inside with their right feet
- It is beloved that dismantling of a coconut while making an entry into
your home can keep away all the obstacles
- Then, split the coconut into pieces at the entrance of the house.
- Offer a heartfelt prayer to Lord Ganesh before placing the Kalash of the Griha Shanti Puja.
- After the Griha Pravesh, it is advisable to reside in the house at least
for three days. It is because you cannot keep the house empty for the first few days.
- It is advisable not to move any furniture in the new home until
the Vastu Pooja.
- If there has been any death in the family, then you should not perform Griha Shanti Pooja.
- Also, mom-to-be ladies should not participate in the Griha Shanti
This is how Indians celebrate Griha Pravesh before taking the charge of their new house. The new owner receives gifts from their neighbours and they give a grand welcome to him or her. Well, we found it must-do rituals for entering the new house. What are your thoughts about Griha Pravesha? We guess you must be ready with your notes to follow Griha Pravesha muhurat.