Putrada Ekadashi 2023 : Date and Time
Pausha Putrada Ekadashi is celebrated on the 11th day of the Shukla Paksha in the month of Pausha. In the year 2023, the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi will be on January 2, 2023. Let us now find out about the Muhurat of the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi in 2023.
|Pausha Putrada Ekadashi 2023||Muhurat|
|Paush Putrada Ekadashi||Monday, Jan 2, 2023|
|Ekadashi starts on||Jan 1, 2023, at 07:11 PM|
|Ekadashi ends on||Jan 2, 2023, at 08:23 PM|
|The time for breaking the fast||Jan 3, 2023, 6:31 AM to 8:40 AM|
|Dwadashi ends on Parana Tithi||Jan 3, 08:41 AM|
The Procedure of fasting on the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi
- Wake up early in the morning and meditate in the name of Lord Vishnu.
- Take a bath in pure water and wear clean clothes.
- Place an idol of Lord Vishnu in the temple of your house.
- Cover it with a yellow or red cloth.
- Place a Kalash, tie a red cloth on it and worship it.
- Give a bath to Lord Vishnu’s idol and cover it with clothes.
- Offer sweets and fruits to Lord Vishnu.
- Worship Lord Vishnu with incense and perform the aarti
- Practice fasting the entire day.
- Consume fruits in the evening only after listening to the “Katha”
- On the second day, feed Brahmins and complete the practice by donating as much as you can.
Hard work with divine blessing is all you need to succeed in life. You can achieve that by personalised Vishnu puja.
Putrada Ekadashi 2023 Importance
The Pausha Putrada Ekadashi, as the name suggests, is practised by couples and women for a good son, the well-being of their children, and the health and welfare of their family. The Putrada Ekadashi is practised by parents since having a son is considered to be crucial in Hindu society as he takes care of them in their old age and helps them to attain salvation.
Also Read: Shatila Ekadashi 2023
The Legend Behind Pausha Putrada Ekadashi (Vrat Katha)
The tale of Putrada Ekadashi was told by Lord Krishna to King Yudhishthar (the eldest of the five Pandavas). Once there was a King called Suketuman who ruled Bhadravati. He was a kind and generous king, but generally unenthusiastic in his life. He committed no sin, there was no ill-gotten wealth in his treasure and he always believed in justice and kindness. However, the fact that he had no son to look after his kingdom after his demise made him very anxious. He believed that without a son, he would not gain happiness in this life or any other life.
Being depressed, one day he just begin to walk in the woods to calm his mind and reached the bank of a lake, where he saw a few sages residing at the bank. He politely shared his agony with them and asked if they could help him. Pleased with his gesture they asked him to practice a fast on Paush Shukla paksha Ekadashi and pray to Lord Vishnu for a son. The king did exactly with complete devotion and faith, what he was told. After a few days, the queen realised that she was pregnant and nine months later they were blessed with a male child. The kingdom got their prince and the couple got their legal heirs and ever since the fast of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi is followed by couples who wish to have children, especially a son.
Are constant problems taking you down? Book personalised live puja for an effective remedy.
Practices To Avoid On Pausha Putra Ekadashi
The Pausha Putra Ekadashi is an auspicious period, and the devotee must worship, and enchant the bhajan and kirtan of Lord Vishnu during night hours. In the Hindu religion, all bad practices should be avoided on this day, as mentioned below, to prevent severe unwanted consequences.
- The devotee must not take part in any indecent activity like gambling on the day of the Putrada Ekadashi fast. According to religious beliefs, doing so destroys the lineage of a person.
- One should not steal on the day of Ekadashi fasting, as it is said that stealing on this day incurs a sin for seven generations.
- Ekadashi fasting is dedicated to the worship of Lord Vishnu. One should only consume Satvikk food during the fast to get the blessings of Lord Vishnu on this day.
- Ekadashi fasting is considered very auspicious among all the fasts in the Hindu Dharma. On this day, the fasting devotee must not use abusive language and be polite with everyone to get the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
- On the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi, the devotee should abstain from anger and lies.
You May Like To Read: Jaya Ekadashi 2023
Mantras of Lord Vishnu
Chanting these mantras will bring peace and prosperity in your life and help you get the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Main Mantras of Vishnu
Shanta Karam Bhujang Shayanam Padma Nabham Suresham.
Vishwadharam Gaganasdrsyam Meghavarnam Shubhangam.
Lakshmi Kantam Kamal Nayanam Yogibhirdhyana Nagmyam.
Om Namo: Narayana. Om Namo: Bhagwat Vasudevaya.
Vishnu Gayatri Mahamantra
Om Narayana Vidmahe. Vasudevay Dhimayi. Tanno Vishnu Prachodayat.
Vande Vishnum Bhavabhayharam Sarva Lokakenatham.
Vishnu Krishna Avatar Mantra
Shri Krishna Govind Hare Murare. Hey Nath Narayan Vasudevaya.
Beej Mantra of Vishnu
- Om Brihaspatiye Namah.
- Om kleen Brihaspatiye
- Om Gram Greem Graums: Gurve Namah.
- Om Sri Brihaspatiye Namah.
- Om Gurve Namah.
Chanting these mantras will bring peace and prosperity to your life and help you get the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Now that you know all you need to about the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi, you can practice all the rituals and please Lord Vishnu for the desired results. We wish you all the best and hope all your wishes come true.
You are Happy If Not , Talk to astrologers