Labh Pancham 2022: What Is The Significance This Last Day of Diwali Festivity?
Labh Pancham 2022: Date and Shubh Puja Muhurat Timings
- Labh Pancham 2022 Date: Saturday, Oct 29, 2022
- Labh Pancham Puja Muhurat 2022: 08:13 am to 10:30 am on Oct 29, 2022
- Labh Panchami Tithi Begins: 08:13 am on Oct 29, 2022
- Labh Panchami Tithi Ends: 05:49 am on Oct 30, 2022
Labh Pancham Meaning
Quite self-explanatory, Labh Panchami is the combination of two words i.e Labh means “good luck” or “benefit” and Panchami means “fifth”. Laakheni Panchmi’, ‘Gyan Panchmi’, and ‘Saubhaagya Panchmi” are also some other names of Labh Panchami. It is celebrated on the Panchami tithi of the Hindu calendar in the Shukla Paksha of Kartik month.
Labh Pancham: The Last Day of Diwali Festivities
The final day of the Diwali celebrations is marked by the festival of Labh Panchami or popularly known as Labh Pancham in Gujarat. Every year, Labh Pancham falls on the Panchami (5th day) of the ‘Shukla Paksha’ (the waxing phase of the moon) in the traditional Gujarati calendar month Kartik.
This day is also known as Saubhagya Panchami, Gyaan Panchami, or Laakheni Panchami, and it is celebrated in Gujarat with great zeal and enthusiasm. On this day, devotees pray to Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi for good health and prosperity.
After the Diwali festivities, Labh Panchami is thought to be a very auspicious day for starting a new business venture. Also, on this day, the majority of shops and business establishments open. This day is also known as the first operating day of the Gujarati New Year in Gujarat.
Labh Pancham's Importance
Labh Panchami is a Hindu festival that coincides with Diwali, the famous Hindu Festival of Lights. The words ‘Labh’ and ‘Saubhagya’ respectively mean ‘benefit’ and ‘good luck.’ As a result, this day is thought to bring good fortune and profit to one’s life.
Hindu devotees, especially in Gujarat, people believe that performing puja on this day will bring them prosperity, benefit, and good fortune in both their personal and professional lives. However, the Panchami is the first working day of the New Year in Gujarat. So businesspeople open new accounting books for ledgers or ‘Khatu’ on this day. They do this by writing ‘Shubh’ on the one hand and ‘Labh’ on another.
Labh Pancham Puja Vidhi
- Wake up early morning and take a bath. Offer jalabhishek to the Sun.
- Take a seat in front of Lord Ganesha and Maa Laxmi’s idol.
- While worshipping, offer sandalwood, vermilion, akshat, flowers, durva, modak, milk etc to the Lord Ganesha.
- Worship Maa Laxmi with Roses, perfume, red clothes, and fruits.
- Married women worship Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati for a happy married life.
What Are The Rituals of Labh Pancham?
- Individuals perform the Sharda Puja ritual on the eve of Labh Panchami (Labh Pancham) if they skip it during Diwali.
- On this day, all members of the business community open their establishments and shops and conduct puja for the new account ledgers.
- On this day, businessmen worship and perform to Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha in order to obtain their blessings for a prosperous year ahead.
- Relatives and acquaintances pay visits to each other’s homes, exchanging greetings as well as sweets and presents as a symbol of their “sweetened associations.”
- People in some cultures revere books for their ability to expand their knowledge and wisdom.
- On this auspicious day, individuals should also donate money, clothing, food, and other necessities to the poor and needy.
Upcoming Labh Pancham Festival Dates From 2022 to 2028
Labh Pancham Date in 2022: Saturday, 29th of October
Labh Pancham Date in 2023: Saturday, 18th of November
Labh Pancham Date in 2024: Wednesday, 6th of November
Labh Pancham Date in 2025: Sunday, 26th of October
Labh Pancham Date in 2026: Saturday, 14th of November
Labh Pancham Date in 2027: Wednesday, 3rd of November
Labh Pancham Date in 2028: Sunday, 22nd of October
Labh Pancham is auspicious for many activities such as opening a new business, good time with family and friends or worshipping your books. It is an auspicious day indeed. Here’s wishing a fruitful Labh Pancham ahead.
Stressed! How would your auspicious work perform? Talk to astrologers for the prediction. The first consultation is FREE!