Griha Pravesh Vastu – Vastu for An Optimistic Griha Pravesh
Buying a home to call our own and living happily ever after with our families is a dream come true for most of us. However, we Indians are very particular about Muhurats and auspicious days for all important events in our lives.
So, when it comes to purchasing property or moving into our own home, which is indeed a big deal, it is quite obvious to consider an auspicious day. It is believed that entering a home on an auspicious day will bring good luck, prosperity and ease the life of the whole family.
In addition to auspicious days, Indians perform Griha Pravesh pooja before entering the house.
Vastu experts and astrologers recommend performing the pooja on an auspicious day and that too during the Shubh Muhurat. Vasant Panchami, Akshaya Tritiya, Gudi Padwa, and Dussehra are the most auspicious days for Griha Pravesh pooja (also known as Vijayadashmi). There are also occasions when Griha Pravesh should be avoided, such as Uttarayana, Holi, Adhikmas, and Shradh Paksha.
Blessings from the Gods and Goddesses are also sought to protect the home while blessing it with prosperity, good health, and happiness. When performing Griha Pravesh in India, Shubh Muhurat dates and timings are critical. Most homebuyers believe that the Griha Pravesh ceremony should be performed on an auspicious day to usher in good fortune.
This ceremony should be performed the first time you enter your new home. It is the most crucial aspect of Vastu for entering a new home. However, it is critical for the whole family.
According to Vastu Shastra principles, a home is always composed of the five major elements in nature and life, namely Earth, Sun, Water, Wind, and Fire. An adequate alignment of these will result in good health, well-being, prosperity, and happiness.
Are you really Happy with the Vastu Tips for Home? Consult India’s Best Vastu Experts and get all answers to your problems
Griha Pravesh Vastu Basic Tips
Here are some Griha Pravesh Vastu tips that you should look into before implementing them.
- Before the Griha Pravesh begins, the house should be built entirely. All windows, doors, and roof elements should be finished.
- Except for the stove/cooking gas hob, do not bring any furniture into the house until the Vaastu pooja is completed.
You should break a coconut before entering the house to symbolize the removal of all obstacles.
- Always enter with the right foot first, as this denotes greater prosperity.
Place your idol in an Eastern direction from your home.
- Boil milk to symbolize prosperity, and blow conch shells to ward off evil spirits.
- Do not leave the house empty for a minimum of three days after the pooja has been completed.
If a woman in the house is pregnant or recently someone died in the family, the Griha Pravesh pooja should not be performed.
- To purify the home, sprinkle holy water from the Kalash through mango leaves.
Finding it Hard to Tackle the Situation? Get Your Free 2023 Horoscope for the Solutions!
Griha Pravesh Vastu Guidelines for you to Follow
There are numerous other things to avoid, according to Vastu for Griha Pravesh, that you should be aware of. Here are some of the points to keep in mind:
- The main door should be decorated with auspicious items such as the Swastika, and the feet of Goddess Laxmi can be drawn on the threshold as well.
- On the doorway, hang a Toran of marigold flowers and fresh mango leaves.
- The temple or pooja room should face the North-East, and this should be fixed on the day of the Griha Pravesh (house warming) ceremony.
- Perform a Havan to ward off negative energy, followed by Ganesh Puja, Navagraha Shanti (worshipping the nine planets), and Vaastu Pooja.
- Feed the priests, friends, and family members who come to see you on the day of the ceremony.
- Before performing the pooja, thoroughly clean the house.
- Make a Rangoli on the floor, which is made of rice flour and comes in various bright colours.
Uncover all Challenges and Unwanted changes in your Life Graph. Get Free 2023 Report
Griha Pravesh Vastu Mahurat Dates 2023
|Griha Pravesh Date||Day||Tithi|
|January 25, 2023||Wednesday||Panchami|
|January 26, 2023||Thursday||Panchami|
|January 27, 2023||Friday||Saptami|
|January 30, 2023||Monday||Dashami|
|February 1, 2023||Wednesday||Ekadashi|
|February 8, 2023||Wednesday||Tritiya|
|February 10, 2023||Friday||Panchami|
|February 11, 2023||Saturday||Panchami|
|February 23, 2023||Thursday||Panchami|
|February 22, 2023||Wednesday||Tritiya|
|March 1, 2023||Wednesday||Dashami|
|March 8, 2023||Wednesday||Pratipada, Dwitiya|
|March 9, 2023,||Thursday||Tritiya|
|March 10, 2023||Friday||Tritiya|
|March 13, 2023||Monday||Saptami|
|March 16, 2023||Thursday||Dashami|
|March 17, 2023||Friday||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|May 6, 2023||Saturday||Dwitiya|
|May 11, 2023||Thursday||Saptami|
|May 15, 2023||Monday||Ekadashi|
|May 20, 2023||Saturday||Dwitiya|
|May 22, 2023||Monday||Tritiya|
|May 29, 2023||Monday||Dashami|
|May 31, 2023||Wednesday||Ekadashi|
|June 12, 2023||Monday||Dashami|
|November 18, 2023||Saturday||Panchami|
|November 22, 2023||Wednesday||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|November 23, 2023,||Thursday||Ekadashi|
|November 27, 2023,||Monday||Pratipada|
|November 29, 2023||Wednesday||Dwitiya|
|December 6, 2023||Wednesday||Dashami|
|December 8, 2023||Friday||Ekadashi|
|December 15, 2023||Friday||Tritiya|
|December 21, 2023||Thursday||Dashami|
Griha Pravesh Vastu FAQ’s
Can we sleep in a new house before Griha Pravesh?
Yes, home owners can sleep in the new house before the official puja.
Which month is good for Griha Pravesh?
The month of Magh, Phalgun, Vaishakh, Jyeshtha is viewed as best for going into the house, while the period of Ashada, Sawan, Bhadra, Ashwin, Paush, and so forth are not viewed as favourable for entering the new house.
For Best Vastu Tips, you can Contact an Expert Astrologer