Basant Panchmi 2023 : A Day Dedicated To Goddess Saraswati
When you see the yellow crops of mustard everywhere and the soldiers returning home, it’s Basant Panchami. It falls on the fifth day of the Hindu lunisolar calendar month of Magha and marks the arrival of the King of all seasons which is SPRING. According to the Hindu calendar, this Vasant Panchami 2023 is falling on the 25th of January. The festival is celebrated across the Indian subcontinent and comes along with many great festivals such as the Festival of Kites – Makar Sankranti, the Festival of Colours – Holi, and the Sikh festival Baisakhi. On Basant Panchami, Hindu devotees are known to worship the Goddess SARASWATI. Saraswati Puja is one of the essential rituals, which is performed for an auspicious coming year.
Basant Panchami 2023 Date And Time (Vasant Panchami Muhurat)
|Event||Date, Timings and Muhurat|
|Vasant Panchami 2023 Date||Thursday, Jan 25, 2023|
|Vasant Panchami Saraswati Puja Muhurat||From 07:12 AM to 12:34 PM|
|Vasant Panchami Duration||5 Hours 21 Minutes|
|Vasant Panchami Midday Moment||12:34 PM|
|Vasant Panchami Tithi Begins||Jan 25, 2023 at 12:34 PM|
|Vasant Panchami Tithi Ends||Jan 26, 2023 at 10:28 AM|
About Basant Panchami
Basant Panchami fall between the month of February or March, during the arrival of the spring season. The term Vasant refers to Spring in English, while Panchami refers to the fifth day. So, one should only organise Saraswati Puja on Pancham Tithi, as per the Hindu calendar.
On this day, we dedicate ourselves to the Maa Saraswati and seek blessings from her. People pay their respect to Saraswati Maa and honour them by performing rituals. Devotees and sages also call it Abujha day, which signifies a great start to your work. Therefore, people consider the Basant Panchami muhurat to begin their important work or to purchase luxurious items.
Importance of Saraswati Puja on this Basant Panchami 2023
Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of creation, knowledge, music, art, wisdom, and learning. In many parts of the Indian subcontinent, it is considered auspicious for children to start their education on the auspicious occasion of Vasant Panchami. People perform various rituals and pujas at homes, temples, and places of learning to please goddess Saraswati and offer their gratitude. If you are planning to conduct Saraswati Puja then remember the colour code and the theme of the festival is yellow. Offer yellow saris, drapes, sweets, and flowers to the Saraswati and you may never fall short of wisdom.
All things come from me,
I am Saraswati you need me,
I am the reason you daily feed,
Explore more and you will seek
Astrological Significance of Saraswati Puja on Basant Panchami
Saraswati Puja performed by an astrologer and Vamtantra on the Vasant Panchami reduces the malefic effects of Chandra, Brahaspati, Shukra, and Budh to a great extent. The Puja and the daan are especially beneficial for people undergoing Mahadasha (main period), Antardasha (sub-period) of Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus. Individuals facing the retrograde effects of Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus in their horoscope must aspire to conduct the Saraswati Puja upon consultation of a revered Vedic astrologer.
Are your planets aligned in your favour? Tap on free janam patri analysis to know the answers.
Ingredients Required for Basant Panchami Puja
Below are the things one must keep on hand before performing Saraswati Puja.
- The idol of Maa Saraswati
- Mango leaves
- Pitcher (Kalash)
- Saraswati yantra
- Durva Grass
How To Perform Saraswati Puja Vidhi this Basant Panchami 2023?
- On the Vasant Panchami 2023, wake up early, clean your house, make preparations for puja, and take a bath.
- Put a paste of Neem and Turmeric on your body before taking the bath as Yellow/White is the favourite colour of the Maa Saraswati and the colour code of the whole festival.
- Place the Saraswati idol in the Puja Pandal or platform.
- Beside Saraswati idol place, place the idol of Ganesha as he is considered to be her favourite god.
- Place a book/musical instrument/notebook or element of creativity at the place of worship.
- If you want to carry out proper puja rituals, it is always best to seek a professional priest.
- In case, if you perform puja by yourself, take a plate and please decorate it with kumkum, turmeric, rice, flowers and do offer it to Saraswati and Ganesha to offer gratitude and seek their blessings.
- Perform Saraswati Puja and recite mantra aarti.
- Gather your family and spend that day with your children.
- Encourage children to write something creative and inspire them to play/learn some musical instrument. Poetic and musical gatherings are held in many communities to revere Goddess Saraswati.
- You can always visit the nearest temple to perform Saraswati Puja on the auspicious day of Basant Panchami 2023.
- Recite the famous Saraswati Stotram, which is one of the most chanted prayers by priests and astrologers across the world on this auspicious day of Basant Panchami.
या कुन्देन्दुतुषारहारधवला या शुभ्रवस्त्रावृता।
या वीणावरदण्डमण्डितकरा या श्वेतपद्मासना॥
या ब्रह्माच्युत शंकरप्रभृतिभिर्देवैः सदा वन्दिता।
सा मां पातु सरस्वती भगवती निःशेषजाड्यापहा॥१॥
शुक्लां ब्रह्मविचार सार परमामाद्यां जगद्व्यापिनीं।
हस्ते स्फटिकमालिकां विदधतीं पद्मासने संस्थिताम्।
वन्दे तां परमेश्वरीं भगवतीं बुद्धिप्रदां शारदाम्॥२॥
Anyway, you can always seek the live puja to promote peace and prosperity in life.
Most Auspicious Vivah Muhurat for the Year 2023
According to Vedic astrology, Basant Panchami is also considered an auspicious day for a wedding. The season itself brings a dramatic change in our health lifting our moods. It is also a very auspicious day for shopping and making financial moves. Moreover, you start a new activity like jumping on to new ventures, diving into music, etc.
Find out auspicious Vivah Muhurat 2023 in order to plan your weddings in the year 2023.
This year stay prepared for Vasant Panchami as it falls on the 25th of January 2023. People in the field of education, especially students are encouraged to reap the maximum benefits of the day by offering prayers and remembering the Goddess Saraswati.
The Day Has Come Which Started It All,
Why Pray Saraswati Big Bang Happened After All,
The Fields Are Full of Mustard Yellow in My Mind,
The Soldiers Have Returned I Saw a Few of Them,
Basant Panchami the Day Is Called,
I Met an Astrologer to Know My Fortune,
My Stars Look Good It Is Rahu and Ketu,
I Visited the Temple to Offer My Due,
The Wind Blows, the Sky Is Full of Blue,
Here Comes the Season of Vasant,
After Exact Forty Days, I Will Play Holi,
Hail Goddess Saraswati and Ganesha!!!