Vedic Astrology: The Importance and Benefits of Chandra Graha Shanti Puja
Vedic astrology considers the moon as a source of mind, mother, and beauty. A horoscope that contains an afflicted or weak moon might be of concern. A negative effect of the moon might cause mental and emotional problems. Likewise, the favourable position of the moon brings good fortune, happiness, improved health for the mother, and a good life partner. Hence, to receive the blessings of Chandradev and to eliminate the ill effects associated with it, you must perform Chandra Graha Shanti Puja.
The power of Chandra destroys darkness and controls mental infirmities and psychological illnesses. As a result, we experience emotions and perform behavioural actions. In the solar calendar, waxing and waning moons have a direct effect on our lives.
A pooja like this promotes happiness, health, success, positive thinking, love, and affection, boosts morale, self-esteem, and increases self-confidence. It safeguards us from stomach problems, ulcers, and other intestinal diseases.
The benefits of Chandra Graha Shanti Puja
- Chandra Shanti Puja can help in eliminating the ill effects of the moon in the natal chart.
- The Chandra puja ensures a blissful and successful marital life.
- This Shanti puja boosts the mental power and concentration abilities among individuals.
- It brings stability into the individual’s life and helps the person maintain control over their feelings.
Performing Chandra Puja can boost the health of a person.
Chandra Graha Shanti Mantra
Reciting the Chandra mantra can lessen the effects of suffering caused by the unfavourable position of the moon in the birth chart. Reciting the Chandra Graha Shanti mantra can boost the positive influence of the moon in the natal chart of an individual.
The following are some Chandra mantras and their meanings.
Chandra Beej Mantra
“Om Som Somaya Namah”
This Chandra mantra is the Beej mantra.
Navagraha Chandra Shanti Mantra:
“Dhadhishankatusharabham Ksaheerodharnava SambhavamTamami Sashim Somam Shambhur Mukuta Bhushanam”
While churning the ocean of milk in pursuit of the immortal nectar, the moon god emanated. Lord Shiva’s matted head is encrusted with the moon. Lord Chandra represents the colour white, which is reminiscent. Hence, to eliminate the ill effects of Chandra, a person must have products made from milk and curd. Moon, You can also keep white items such as conch.
Chandra Beej Mantra:
“Om Shraam Shreem Shraum Sah Chandraya Namah”
This Chandra Graha Shanti mantra consists of the beej mantra. By reciting this mantra regularly, an individual can develop his mental capacities and cultivate subtle consciousness.
Chandra Dhyan Mantra:
Shvetambharah Shveta Vibhushanascha Shveta DhuyatirDandadharo DvibahuhuChandro Mrutatma Varadhah Kireeti Mayi Prasadam Vidhdhatu Devah”
It is said that Lord Chandra is of white complexion, wears white clothing, and adorns himself with white ornaments. I ask the Lord to enlighten my intelligence and enhance my faith.
Chandra Gayatri Mantra:
”Om Padmadwajaya Vidhmahe Hema roopaya DheemaheThanno Chandra Prachodayath.”
My salutation goes towards Lord Chandra, whose flag consists of a lotus. He shines like gold. I seek the illumination of Lord Chandra so that my intellect can be enlightened and my path led.
A guide on reciting Chandra Mantra:
- According to Hindu mythology, the Chandra mantra is the most reliable way to please Lord Chandra and gain his blessings for well-being.
- In the morning, take a bath and recite the Chandra Graha Shanti mantra in front of a picture of Lord Chandra.
- When the Chandra mantra is repeated, the positive vibrations balance the adverse effects of the lunar position.
- Chanting the Chandra mantra and performing Chandra Pooja is most effective on the Monday of a bright fortnight (Shukla Paksha).
- Chandra mantra should be recited 18 times, or 18 x 108 times for best results.
- The moon is the ruler of human minds. By chanting the Chandra mantra, you can increase thought power and clear the confusion within your brain.
- Regular recitation of the Chandra mantra can increase the positive effect and diminish the ill effects of the moon in the birth chart of an individual.
Chandra Graha Jaap
Known as Chandra Dev or Soma, Chandra Dev represents the soul, brain, consciousness, emotions, attachment and fancies. When Chandra is placed or erroneously positioned in the 4th, 6th, 12th and 8th houses, several problems might occur such as loss of memory, weak confidence, breathing issues, hormonal issues and infertility.
Chandra Shanti Puja and Chandra Graha Shanti mantra are performed to invoke and please the deity. While the rituals for Chandra Shanti Jaap are performed according to the shastras.
Chandra Graha Jaap: When Should You Perform It?
You may choose Monday as the day to perform this Jaap or you may select a date based on your Janma Nakshatra or birth star.
Benefits of Chandra Graha Jaap:
- The adverse effect of the afflicted Chandra Graha decreases, resulting in material and spiritual advancement.
- Enhances the positive effects and reduces the ill effects caused by Chandra Graha.
- This Graha Shanti Jaap can help you achieve inner harmony and peace and aid you in overcoming enemies and misfortune.
Chandra Graha Vaidik Mantra
ॐ इमं देवा असपत्नं ग्वं सुवध्यं।
महते क्षत्राय महते ज्यैश्ठाय महते जानराज्यायेन्दस्येन्द्रियाय इमममुध्य पुत्रममुध्यै
पुत्रमस्यै विश वोsमी राज: सोमोsस्माकं ब्राह्माणाना ग्वं राजा।
“Om Imandeva Asas Patnam Suvadham Mahate Kshatrayaam Mahate
Jyeshthaya Mahate Janrajyayendriyay Imampushyaputram Mushyai
Putra Masyai Vvisha Eva Vo Amiraja Somo Asmakam Brahmanaanam Raja
Chandra Grahan Shanti Homan and Chandra Pooja help to eliminate doshas or astrological defects in the natal chart caused by wrongly positioned Chandra.
Planet Moon or Chandra Graha plays a significant role in a person’s birth chart and helps enhance their personality. The moon is also associated with moods, feelings, memory, charm, sensitivity, growth, popularity, and emotions.
Afflictions on the moon can cause various problems that can negatively impact our lives. Therefore, one must perform certain rituals to overcome them to achieve the best results.
The benefits of Chandra Graha Shanti Homam/Havan
- Chandra Graha or Planet Moon plays a crucial role in the birth chart in determining an individual’s personality and provides methods for overcoming mental and physical problems to a greater extent.
- The rituals of Chandra Graha Shanti Havan include reciting Chandra Graha Shanti mantras from Vedic texts alongside fire rituals to achieve the desired result.
- Havan also provides ways to reduce the negative effects of the moon on your life so that you can live a happy and prosperous life.
An individual’s birth chart determines the type of Homam they should undergo based on their unique problems. An expert Pandit determines the kind of Havan to be performed based on your requirements. Pandits can analyse your Horoscope chart in detail to determine what remedies will be effective and if you need special poojas or havans to achieve your goals and surpass obstacles.
Chandra Graha Shanti Puja can be beneficial in removing darkness and promote peace in your life. Your moon will strengthen in the birth chart and gain success in every area of life.