Mokshada Ekadashi 2023: Parana Timings, Tithi And Muhurat
|Mokshada Ekadashi||Time, Date and Muhurats|
|Mokshada Ekadashi||22 December 2023|
|Ekadashi Tithi Begins||December 22, 2023 at 08:16|
|Ekadashi Tithi Ends||23 दिसंबर, 2023 को 07:11|
|Parana Time||13:31 to 15:51 (23 December 2023)|
|Parana Day Hari Vasara End Moment||12:59|
Mokshada Ekadashi: Vrat Katha
During ancient times, a king by the name of Vaikhanas governed the land. His subjects were completely satisfied with him, and he did not tolerate any form of deficiency on their part. His rule was going extremely well, and everything was running smoothly. Later, as the king was resting, he awoke to find his father suffering and tormenting in hell, which he immediately condemned to death. He noticed that his father was pleading with him on a regular basis to spare me from certain death. When he saw this, he became distressed, and his sleep was disrupted.
The next morning, he woke up early and contacted the pundits to tell them the narrative of everything that had happened in his dream the night before. Following that, he inquired as to the hidden secret behind it. The commentators said, “O king!” This can be accomplished by visiting the Ashram of a saint named Parvat and requesting a solution for your father’s redemption. A method advised by the Brahmins was implemented by having the king travel to the sage’s hermitage and pleading his case with him.
In response to hearing the entire narrative, the mountain sage expressed concern by saying – O king! Your father has been damned to hell as a result of the actions of his previous life. You should fast on Mokshda Ekadashi in order to honour your father, and you should offer the fruit of your fast to your father as an offering. By doing so, they will be cleansed of the sins of their former birth and will be granted salvation.
According to the sage’s instructions, the king observed the Mokshada Ekadashi fast and received his blessings by distributing food, dakshina, and clothing, among other things, to the destitute. He attained salvation by bestowing to his father the virtues he had gained from his fasting experience.
Mokshada Ekadashi: Significance
According to the scriptures, on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, the ancestors of the fasting devotees go to Baikunth Dham to get rid of their past sins. This Pitru blesses his family for getting food grains and sons etc. With the effect of this Ekadashi fast, the fame of the worshiper increases and immense happiness comes in life. The door of Baikunth Dham is opened for the worshiper and he gets the same result as the Ekadashi that takes place in the whole year.
Mokshada Ekadashi: Vrat Vidhi
- Before fasting, take one meal in the afternoon on Dashami Tithi.
- Don’t eat at night.
- On the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, wake up early in the morning and take a bath after retiring from daily activities.
- Remember the Lord by wearing clean clothes and take a vow.
- First, worship Lord Ganesha and then worship Shri Hari along with Lakshmi Mata.
- Offer incense, lamp and naivedya, roli, kumkum to the god.
- Worship at night and also do Jagran.
- After worship on the day of Dwadashi, feed the poor and needy person and give charity and Dakshina.
- After that, take your own food.
You May Like To Book: Live Online Puja
Mokshada Ekadashi: Precautions
According to the scriptures, do not pluck flowers and leaves from any tree or plant on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi.
- The Tulsi leaf which is offered to Lord Vishnu should be plucked a day before.
- Avoid eating rice on Ekadashi as it may have negative effects on newborns.
- Avoid eating barley, lentils, brinjal and beans too.
- Do not take vengeful substances like meat, alcohol, onions, garlic on this day.
- Do not take food given by someone else, it destroys your virtues.
- Do not get angry or criticise anyone on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi.
- Stay away from arguments.
- Follow Brahmacharya.
- Respect elder peoples and take their blessings.
Mokshada Ekadashi: Parana Vidhi
Breaking the fast is referred to as parana (parana). Parana should be completed by the end of the Dwadashi Tithi (month of August). It is almost criminal not to do Parana on Dwadashi. Prior to breaking the fast, wait till after the conclusion of Hari Vasara; Parana should not be done during this period of fasting. Breaking the fast during the middle of the day is not recommended. Early in the morning is the best time to break the fast. You may choose to end your fast afternoon if you are unable to break your fast in the morning for some reason.
We observe a variety of Ekadashis throughout the year, but we are never quite sure what they represent. Now we know why Mokshada Ekadashi is revered so much by the Hindus and why it is celebrated on this day. We hope that this has enhanced your belief in the cause for which you are fasting on this day. Commemorate Mokshada Ekadashi with your family in order to ensure the well-being of your ancestors’ descendants.
Get The Benefit Of Mokshada Ekadashi By Consulting An Expert Astrologer…